jueves, 31 de mayo de 2012

in my beautiful country difference is likely to repel / I would never believe that I will be strong enough to imprison my pain & continue my fight

Rana Elh, Egypt
That's a part from the last article I wrote, its actually related to the transformation that happened to me before and after the Egyptian revolution: '' Once upon a time I thought that my toughest fight is being myself in a conservative society that was infected by double standards pandemic disease, I thought that I am an outcast. I have always been the girl with prepossessing strange appearance yet an aggressive attitude, in my beautiful country difference is likely repulsive. nevertheless, I insisted to be myself, just myself even if I am changing every single moment. I did not expect that in the near future I will be in the middle of brutal clashes & bloodshed, I would never believe that I will be strong enough to imprison pain & continue my fight. By 2011 a transformation phase started, my vision and beliefs has changed completely. I remember 28/1/2011, I remember when I saw bloodshed for the first time, I remember central security soldiers with their solid faces, protective shields & shimmering helmets; all these details will be always engraved in my heart. ''

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario