jueves, 26 de abril de 2012

my imagination about democracy is still blurry, defining democracy in an Egyptian context now is a kind of a dream / Democracy is about giving equal chances to everyone to take their creativity and uniqueness to the top

Fatma Hendawy on the wall of Investir Paralelos Manifesta (about democracy)
 
Well, this is a hard question to answer now. Thinking as an Egyptian citizen who knows the people of its country, my imagination about democracy is still blurry, defining democracy in an Egyptian context now is a kind of a dream! My imagination about democracy in Egypt will look like this quote I extracted, a very far away dream! But I do believe that dreams were created to be achieved. Maybe I can tell you which democracy's paradigm I prefer and I wish that it would be applied in Egypt one day, "the Swiss paradigm" for democracy, although they spent 200 years to reach this level of democracy and they still have negatives but in my point of view it is enough for the moment. Simply, democracy isn't a word that I can easily define or even put an imagination for. But I would rather dream about it and say: Democracy should be a global/universal idea, I will keep dreaming of this day when I see no borders between countries, when I see the whole world as a one big country where the citizens choose freely where to live, which culture is more suitable to their personality, which environment they feel more adaptable in, which place they can be more productive, creative and successful, etc. If I decided one day to change my whole life, my work, my language, my home, etc I wish to do this freely with no obligations or fear from my passport who states that I am an Arab Egyptian Muslim ! Democracy is about having equal chances for everyone in the whole world to live as free humans in the place they choose leaving behind the problematic issues of gender, religion, culture and language. Democracy is about giving equal chances to everyone to take their creativity and uniqueness to the top with no preferred identity or nationality ! Democracy is the right to live anywhere in the world as a human with dignity !

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario